jeudi 26 juin 2014

Firefighter Escaping a Flashover

Before I became a fireman I worked out to be healthy and to get chicks (just kidding) (no I’m not). When the opportunity came to take the test to become a fireman I started to develop a new sense of what it means to workout. Having a bigger purpose behind every rep and step I took made me feel more motivated to train and eat right.

Since I have been on the job I have felt its demands and its reality has touched me deeply. We train hard every shift to practice escaping from bad situations or as we call it “the jackpot” and I have seen way too many scary photos like the one below to even think to let up now.

When the SHTF I want to be physically able to go through a wall or jump out a window and have the best chance of survival.

His turn out gear is on fire and that’s not good but what’s really bad is that he doesn’t have a ladder to go down. It’s just a bad situation that gets worse.

Luckily he survived but suffered burns and a broken ankle.


June 30, 2013 by Fred in Firefighting and tagged Excercise, Fire, firefighter, Firefighting, fitness,Ladder, Lifestyle Choices, Physical exercise, training

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Vous pouvez mettre un commentaire en lien avec cet article.
Tout commentaire hors sujet ou ayant un caractère qui sera jugé mal placé sera supprimé.